Become A Boost Football Star
A game of football requires endless stamina. If you're serious about making it big in football, it's important to know you'll have to train harder, longer and faster than your opponents.
So what are you waiting for? Find out how to play this wonderful and energetic sport!
On the football field, you need to know every trick possible to score the goal or ensure that your opponent can't get through your defence. That's why below we help you decode some of the most important footie skills.
Passing is all about putting the ball exactly where you want it. In order to pass, kick the ball using the inside of your foot. This will give you less power but more accuracy. To master the art of passing a Football, watch these videos:
Moving off the ball
- Some estimate professional Football players run 6 to 8 miles during a 90 minute game. That's a lot of running and requires even more stamina!
- It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a lot of the running you'll be doing is when you don't have the ball. Learn how to get into open space, how to run to where to your teammate expects or wants you to be, and how to run past a defender who's guarding you.
- Defending the goal is an underrated achievement. It can be extremely difficult staying on your man or getting the ball away from your man.
- Don't be fooled by feints, tricks, or jukes: keep your eye on the ball. A good Football player will try to juke (evade) or feint (fake) with their body in order to get past you. They're hoping that what they do with their body will distract you from what they're going to do with the ball. Don't let this happen. Keep your eyes on the ball at all times, not on the player.
- Stay in between the ball and the goal. In other words, don't let the ball get behind you. This is harder than it sounds. It's a delicate balance keeping enough pressure on the ball and not giving the person who's attacking enough space so that they don't get behind you.